Friday, December 13, 2013
Winning
We have become a society where we believe we have to win at all costs. Sports teams cheat to win and everyone turns a blind eye. Politicians try to destroy each other in order to win power. They all think that if people acted a certain way, that everything will be all right. However, they seldom follow the "rules" that they want others to follow. And in the end, exactly what do they win? There is a Super Bowl and World Series every year, so any win is followed by having to do it again. Politicians get into office and spend their time trying to stay in office. They end up selling their souls for perceived power. Both Democrats and Republicans are guilty of this, so I am not picking on one party. I don't know how many commercials I hear that says "be a winner" if you use a certain product. Does being a winner mean making someone else a "loser"? I'm not sure that I have all of the answers. I think being a winner is someone who helps others, someone who is willing to take a stand. You can't save the world, but you can make a difference in your corner of it by smiling and saying hi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment